Monday, January 16, 2012

First Day...

So, I was up at five o'clock this morning... I also read my Bible, ate breakfast, exersised (thought really mean thoughts about the skinny pilates instructor on the t.v.), and checked my e-mail.


Ok, before you yell at me or quit reading my blog, you have to know that I haven't willingly been up that early for 10 years! Actually, I don't think I have ever WILLINGLY been up at 5 AM! I do get up at 5:15 some mornings to pack my husbands lunch, then I pass out as soon as he is out the door!


Things are different now, though. At least, that's what I am telling myself. I have started selling on Etsy (yes, shameless plug here... http://www.katejknits.etsy.com/) and I just don't have time for homeschooling, knitting (well, I always make time for knitting), checking all my computer stuff and actually keeping my house half-way clean.


So... 5 A.M. is my new best friend... actually, more of an aquaintance... or maybe one of those people that you hardly know, but always want to talk to you and tell you all about their day... Wait, I guess that's what I am with this blog! :P Oh well, I won't always be complaining about waking up early. I really do other things, I promise! Like this...





This is what knitters do when they aren't knitting. They take other peoples knitting, cut it up and make stuff out of it! Actually, I have been wanting a new pair of fingerless gloves for a long time and I haven't really had much time to knit for myself, so... I cut up a pair of wool socks with a hole in them and viola! Instant fingerless gloves! Hopefully, people won't be scared to shake my hand knowing my gloves used to live on my feet. :/ Hey, at least I washed them first!

So, that's all for today. I have to go wake up the little one and try to impart some sort of wisdom to her (or at least some new spelling words). See ya' tomorrow (at 5 A.M, grrr...)!

No comments:

Post a Comment